http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Monday, March 12, 2012

My Love (My Creative Sketches Prima Sketch Contest)

Tomorrow is a very special day!  35 years ago, a man came into this world who i would later be blessed to meet and LOVE!  He is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and i count the stars every night that he chose me to love back! :)

I dedicate this layout to him...
I was inspired by this beautiful sketch at My Creative Sketches for their Prima Sketch contest.
There are so many great elements and details to this sketch, from the circles in the background to the multiple photo option.  So many creative possibilities!!!

Now let's see a few close-ups of my layout...

The paper collection i used is from Creative Imaginations, and the beautiful quote is a rub-on from KaiserCraft that perfectly embodies what i was trying to say through the creation of this page.

Let me just tell you that i really got my hands DIRTY while working on this layout, playing around with Tattered Angels' Glimmer Mists, gesso, Clearsnap Smooch and Tim Holtz' Distress Inks on Dusty Attic and Imaginarium Designs chipboard.  With this DA hinge, i wanted to create a rusty metal look and after much improvisation, i am very happy with the finished result.


Every time i start working on a new page, i never quite know where my inspiration will take me.  I just go with the flow.  Well, with this layout, i have to say that as unsure as i was at the beginning, it has turned out to be one of my all-time favorites in the end, as precious to me as the man for whom it was created! :)

Thank you for sharing in on this little piece of my heART!

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVE how the hinge turned out. Your love shows through all the details you have added to this page. He is a lucky man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! I love how you have done the hinge, would love to know exactly how you did it! Thanks for taking part in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...awesome masculine page!! Thanks for playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic page!! Luv the vintage feel with so many beautiful details! Thanx for playing at MCS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!!! so much yummy details!!! that hinge turned out fantastic!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete