http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My Sister & Me
(Prima PPP & My Creative Sketches)



Did I tell you that I'm on VACATION?!?

Yes!!  Finally, I am on a much deserved break from work so I get to do 
whatever my little heart desires for 2 weeks.  Well, the 1st week is already over 
and just basically flew on by as I was having fun with family (my nieces were visiting!!!) 
and friends which means I was barely able to scrap and/or blog.

But this week, WATCH OUT!!!
I've locked myself in my scraproom since Sunday evening and I've already created 
3 layouts, entries to different challenges that I was really wanting to participate in, 
including this one!!


Can you guess just by looking at it by which challenges I was inspired?
*hint hint* The answer is in the title!  haha

First, this is my take on the PRIMA AUGUST PPP which I totally adore!
Those distinctive shades of turquoise and apple green are my absolute favorite.


I also decided to play along with a very special sketch challenge blog
for which I have guest designed numerous times in the past when I was a member
of the My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club DT... MY CREATIVE SKETCHES!  
This is the MCS JULY SKETCH, designed by the talented Kristine Davidson:


Obviously, most of the products used on my layout come from Prima!
I have started by creating a mixed media background using a Finnabair stencil, 
some textured paste, microbeads and different mists in the shades of the Prima PPP.


I used some Prima Wood Icons which I painted white with a slight touch of blue.
I looked through my stash of Prima flowers and took out all the beautiful turquoise
and green flowers I could find, including Labelle Ocean (565848), 
Cigar Box Secrets (578602, 578589), and Lady Godiva's Limeade (557065).


I used strips of some older Prima papers (Alla-Prima Collection "Encaustic" and "Ferrulle")
and adorned my page with Wood Icons, Lace Stickers and SIIC Arrows.


I then stitched a circle around these pretty yet silly sisters (friends' daughters)
in green thread to represent the big circle shape on the MCS sketch.


Thank you Prima and MCS for the inspiration!!


5 comments:

  1. I hope, you have a great time on your vacation! And this layout is soooo beautiful! :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermoso!!!! Me encantan los colores

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and beautiful!! Thank you for playing at My Creative Sketches.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Absolutely love it! Thanks for playing along with us at My Creative Sketches!

    ReplyDelete