http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Candy Cane Lane Cards
(5 cards created from leftovers)


I'm on the Off the Rails Scrapbooking blog today
sharing, sadly, my last tutorial post as DT member.

I have so enjoyed my time designing for OTRS,
and I am looking forward to being able to play along
to their challenges just like you in the new year.

My tutorial this month is not really a tutorial per say.
I'm just basically sharing 5 fairly quick and easy to make cards 
that I created with all these leftovers from my OTRS layout 
(shared with you during the December 15th reveal), mostly all 
from the fun and adorable Bo Bunny Candy Cane Lane collection.


On Card #1, I embossed the base with a snowflake design,
and hand stitched a line through the chevrons.
I realize just now while writing this that I forgot to put a sentiment,
before taking my picture.  Perhaps it doesn't need one. :P


Card #2 is so much fun with that Santa layered chipboard sticker!
As I always do, I dabbed on some white paint as a last step,
giving it a frosty snowy look.


I kept Card #3 quite simple, adding some ribbon and twine,
as well as lovely buttons also from Bo Bunny.
I didn't forget my sentiment on this one. :P


For Card #4, I distressed the edges of my papers and added some
stitching on the edge.  The trick with stitching is to do it before
sticking anything papers down on the base.  So you basically
create the front of your card without the base, you then add the stitching
and finally attach the front piece to the base when done.
The snowflake is an actual Christmas tree ornament bought from
my local Dollarstore.  There was a bunch of a pack and I thought
they would be perfect for Christmas cards!


And finally, here's Card #5, with pretty flower baubles
adorned with snowflakes and gems, hanging from a stitched 
vertical line on my distressed background paper.


There you go!  A great way to use all those leftovers from my layout!

And as you can see by the staging of my photos, 
I have lots of flowers left over to make more.

Check out my post at Off the Rails Scrapbooking!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! what a great use of leftovers! All are so festive with winter feel! My fave one is That cute Santa Chippie, perfect!

    ReplyDelete