http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Sunday, May 1, 2016

BoBunny DT Call Submission


In the first few years after I started scrapbooking, more than 10 years ago, back in the time when I knew nothing about the whole scrapbooking blogging community and when paper was paper and I didn't know which manufacture was which, there was ONE company name that stuck in my mind and my heart... 

BoBunny Website

Even as more and more manufactures came forth, the BoBunny collections were always my favorites.  I loved, and still love, how each collection includes so many coordinating elements from brads to buttons to flowers.  Now, BoBunny offers a vast range of products to satisfy any crafting style, and I can honestly say that even throughout the years, they are still one of my all time favorites.

So it will come as no surprise to you all that I was super excited to see their recent DT Call Announcement!  At the risk of sounding cliché, it would truly be a dream come true to join the 2016 BoBunny Design Team! 

Here are some projects I created expressly for this call.


Misc Me/Pocket Style

Let's start off with a scrapbooking style that is brand new to me but which I found out I absolutely love.


You will no doubt recognize the Juliet collection.  


I used many of the journaling card designs from the patterned papers and added lots of coordinating elements to fill each of my pockets.


I took out my best penmanship to add a little journaling and some stitched swirls and contours.


I so enjoyed doing these that I can clearly see myself starting an whole Misc Me album soon!


BoBunny Supplies:
Juliet Collection Patterned Paper (Full House, Soulmate, Prose)
Juliet Collection Combo Sticker, Layered Chipboard, Brads
Laser Cut Chipboard (Memories, Foliage, Lace Tags)
Kraft Wood Keys & Butterflies
Flowers


Layout

Next, I chose to create this Penny Emporium based layout as my 2nd project.
This layout shows perfectly my normal shabby chic style (although I can be very versatile in my creating and can go from one style to the next depending on photos, products and moods).


I added layers upon layers of paper, flowers, buttons, pearls to accentuate the lovely colors in this collection.


I also did a little fussy cutting and stitched some of the lines in the striped paper.


One of the newest products from BoBunny that I love are Foil Transfers.
Look how beautiful the gold Filagree transfers are!



These 2 darling beauties are my friend's daughters!


BoBunny Supplies:
Penny Emporium Collection Patterned Paper (Wind Up, Captured, Copper Tiles, Imagination)
Penny Emporium Collection Brads, Buttons
Lasercut Chipboard (Cute)
Foil Transfers (Filagree Gold)
Stickable Stencils (Butterflies)
Stamps (Distressed Textures)


Mixed Media/Fine Arts

My final project is a mixed media 8 x 14 canvas featuring the Secret Garden collection


I was first inspired by this lovely floral design off the Secret Garden papers and fussy cut 2 of the little birds and popped them up with 3D foam squares.


I added some beautiful BoBunny plum purple daisy Blossoms and a few brads from the Secret Garden collection.


I used many mediums to create the base of my canvas... 


 from gesso to mist to glitter paste, and added some more glitter, microbeads, dabbed with lots of white paint.


BoBunny supplies:
Secret Garden Collection Patterned Paper (Secret Garden)
Secret Garden Collection Combo Sticker, Brads
Blossoms (Plum Purple Daisy)
Laser Cut Chipboard (Foliage)
Glitter Paste (Blush)


Tutorial

Now, to conclude my BoBunny DT application, here is a tutorial on how I've created these sweet stitched butterfly designs on the background of my layout shared above.


The main comment I receive about the stitching I do on a lot of my projects is that it must take hours and lots of patience to do that!  Well, I'll be honest, it can be a bit time consuming, but I enjoy it very much.  The added effect it brings to my pages and cards are so worth it.

For this page, I used the Butterflies Stickable Stencils to trace my design.  I started by sticking the large butterfly stencil on my background paper.


Next, I lightly traced around the design with a pencil.


I then removed the stencil to reveal the penciled butterfly.


Then, using my piercing tool and a thick block of styrofoam placed underneath my paper, I pierced holes all along the edges of my drawing.


I always make my holes about 1/8 of an inch apart.


After all my holes were pierced, I erased the pencil markings.


Now comes stitching time!
I normally use 2 strands of cross-stitch thread at a time.


Stitching the contour was very easy, but doing the designs inside the butterfly proved a bit more challenging without the pencil markings.  I kept the stencil close by as a guide.


And here is my large butterfly all stitched up!


I always make sure to secure the loose threads on the back of my project with strips of tape.


I decided to add a few more smaller butterflies to my background.


Stitching not only adds style to your project, but also depth, color and texture.
It is definitely worth the time and patience!!


Thank you all so much for dropping by today and a special thank you to BoBunny for inspiring me to create all these years and for the opportunity to apply to be part of their team!

*fingers crossed*


Favorite BoBunny projects created throughout the years:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


10 comments:

  1. All your projects are wonderful. Good luck with the DT call! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just brilliant, I so hope you make the team. You have my vote! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Nicole, they will be crazy not to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful projects Nicole. Good luck with the DT call. :)

    ReplyDelete