http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Friday, June 2, 2017

YOU ARE AWESOME - Single Page Layout
(CSI DT - Major Case File #231)


Yes!  You read right in my post title!
I am now a CSI detective! No, no, I will not be solving real crime mysteries 
(although I would probably enjoy that as I'm obsessed with crime mystery shows!!), 
but fabulous case files loaded with creative scheme, evidence 
and testimony, and sometimes, even a sketch!  

I have been a huge fan of  the CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge blog 
for a few years now and I am beyond thrilled to now be part of its DT!

Here is how I solved my first major case:


To find out more about Major Case File No. 231 
and see lots more DT inspiration, click HERE.


Now let's start talking about the the Scene which represents a superhero
 theme (although you can scrap about any subject you want). I love all those fun 
cartoon images and the many buzzwords that we often love to use on kids' layouts.
So this was a no brainer for me... I knew that I would create a boy page.

I kept loyal to the Scheme by combining royal blue, turquoise, bright yellow 
and red over a mostly white background.

You have to choose at least 3 clues from the Evidence list (all elements taken 
from the inspiration image), but of course I can't help but choose more. 
On my page, you can find these clues: a solid white cardstock background, 
stripes, twine, speech bubble, punctuation marks and stars.

The Testimony is always the most challenging part for me as I normally
don't journal on my pages, but I always try to find a special quote or a few words
to tell the story.  For this layout, I used I added a quote about little boys 
being superheroes in a speech bubble and I used words like awesome, wow, cool!

And last but certainly not least, I used the fabulous Nifty Pixel Sketch as inspiration!

Let's take a look at some close-ups:


I have to admit that I searched long and hard through all my stash for the right papers,
the right embellishments, the right title for this page.  It was a real challenge!
But finally I am happy with how it all came together, respecting the colour scheme
and ending up such a fun, bright and eye-popping page (the good kind! hehe)


I used a royal blue Copic marker to color the wood elements used
like the stars and the speech bubble frames.  I then used acrylic paint on
other pieces and black distress stain on the larger chipboard stars.


On my background, I added some stenciled stars and splatters of red paint.


This superhero is Tristan, my friend's son!  What a handsome boy!
I used a special effect in Picasa to only highlight in colour the logo 
on his t-shirt while the rest of the photo is in black and white.


And that is how I solved my very first CSI case file as a DT member!
Now I cannot wait to see how you will solve it.

Click HERE to link up your project by the end of the month!


2 comments:

  1. Super ! Fantastique ! Défi accompli !

    Tu as créé une super belle page Nicole. L'harmonie des couleurs est parfaite pour la photo en noir et blanc, et pour une page de petit garçon aussi. Je me demande bien comment tu as fait pour faire ressortir seulement que les couleurs du centre de son chandail avec le logiciel Picassa. Est-ce que tu as utilisé "Focal B & W" ? En tout cas, j'adore l'effet.
    Je suis contente que tu fais partie du "design team". Tu as vraiment du talent pour le scrap. ☺

    ReplyDelete