http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

TORI & HER PIANOS - Single Page Layout
(More Than Words DT - August Main Challenge)


Today is awesome for several reasons...
it's only my 2nd day of Summer vacation (2 weeks off work)
AND
it's reveal day for a brand new More Than Words challenge!

I am so happy to be able to share with you this layout that I created
a couple weeks ago based on the August challenge.


Just look at this gorgeous challenge board:
Word Inspiration - HARMONY
Creative Challenge - SONG LYRICS

You can find all you need to know about this challenge and the fabulous prizes
up for grabs as well as inspiration from the very talented MTW DT right HERE.

I have been wanting to scrapbook about this subject for a while now,
and what better opportunity  than with this challenge!

I have been a huge fan of Tori Amos for years, and her music inspires me to no end.  The word HARMONY made me think of her kinship with her pianos - she normally has 2 on stage with her and even plays them both at the same time!

I couldn't pick lyrics from just one song as that would have been an impossible choice as there are so many favorites, so I used a collage of some of her most memorable lines.  In my eyes, there is just no other songwriter like her - she is truly one of a kind!


I chose red as the basis colour for my page, quite obviously inspired
by Tori's lovely red hair for which she is so most well known.
I added a bit of aqua blue as it is one of my fave colours. 
This older collection from BoBunny seemed to be a perfect fit.


The flairs are from Prima and the gorgeous music note chipboard is from Dusty Attic.


I added some lacing along the edges of my distressed paper layers.
I hadn't used this technique in a while - I used to do it often a few years back.


And here she is... my musical muse!


I really hope that you like my layout.

If you are a Tori fan like me, please let me know in the comments!



2 comments:

  1. OMGosh!!!! Breathtaking attempt!
    I love how you incorporated every elements with such stunning details in classic color combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your layout.
    Corine

    ReplyDelete