http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Saturday, May 12, 2018

ALWAYS FIND TIME Mixed Media Canvas
(Dusty Attic DT)


It's my turn to share my first monthly DT reveal on the Dusty Attic blog,
and I created this mixed media project for it. My fingers are still blue and purple!


I totally fell in love with the many new chipboard Industrial series from Dusty Attic,
and I wanted to use a few pieces on a canvas. I opted for this long and narrow base
which I primed with gesso and then covered in different mists and paints.
I then added some texture using modeling paste with the DA Squared stencil
and then added more mist and paint and added some glitter.


I used the Industrial Border #2 as well as the Industrial Corners.
These pieces I have covered with embossing powder and then dabbed with
Dusty in Colour Oceania and Capri paints.


I thought that this Winged Key would be a great focal point for my canvas.
I used gold embossing powder on it and then dabbed on some blue, lilac and gold paint.
I thought it would look cool to add a metal key on top of it.

 
My canvas being so tall and narrow I had to look in my stash for a title that would
fit and thankfully Dusty Attic has titles of all shapes and sizes.
This one was also perfect for the type of sentiment I wanted to express.


After all my chipboard and embellishments were stuck down,
I sprayed some aerosol adhesive and sprinkled lots of sparkle
using the Dress My Craft Angel Mix sequins.


Here is the list of Dusty Attic products that I used on my canvas:


Chipboard
Winged Keys - DA1955
Clockworks Small - DA1749
Industrial Border #2 - DA1950
Industrial Corners - DA1952
Always Find Time - DA1458
Stencil
Squared - DA1316
Dusty In Colour
Oceania - DA0912
Capri - DA0915
Dress My Craft
Angel Mix Sequins - DMCS3173

Share with us your Dusty Attic projects on the Dusty FANattics FB page
and make sure to check out the Dusty Attic blog for daily inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment